1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

Guidance on 1967 Center Console Adapation for Convertible

(1/3) > >>

Kelsokel:
Hi,

I am trying to confirm where the cuts should happen on a center console for a Convertible.  The console was sourced from a Coupe/Fastback.

Appreciate any insights or where to get original parts.  Happy to pay reasonable prices.

Thank you.

Kelly Brown
1967 Mustang GT Convertible S Code 76B
New Jersey, USA

jwc66k:
Kelly,
Welcome. I don't think there is any difference between Convertible and Hardtop/Fastback console installations for 1967 Mustangs (for 64-66 Convertibles there are). With seats removed, the console is first attached to the dash, then the four screws to the pan are "punched" and then screws installed.
I suggest you get a set of 1967 Mustang Assembly Manuals to answer many questions you might have. I'm using the 1967 Mustang Interior Assembly Manual (AM0017 pg 11) as reference.
Jim

Bossbill:
Few people bother to get the Weld/Sealant manual, which shows the interior convertible brace like 65/66.
Page 28 of my book.

J_Speegle:
First welcome to the site. Hope you find the information and support, related to restorations, helpful in your efforts

--- Quote from: Kelsokel on March 05, 2023, 01:09:48 PM ---I am trying to confirm where the cuts should happen on a center console for a Convertible.  The console was sourced from a Coupe/Fastback.
--- End quote ---

You will need to find someone with a convertible to trace or make a pattern from an original then use it to trim it to fit a convertible. Yes they are different based on the picture of the convertible with console below. If you find one or someone has one I would like to get a copy so that it can be shared here with the members.  Start putting some wanted ads on this site and other with high traffic. I don't recall anyone ever offering these though have seen 65-66 convertible patterns but they are not the same

--- Quote from: Kelsokel on March 05, 2023, 01:09:48 PM ---Appreciate any insights or where to get original parts.  Happy to pay reasonable prices.

--- End quote ---

As for parts, for most they are not reproduced so your left with searching Ebay, for sale ads and placing wanted ads. Members, if they have something will most often not respond in the discussion sections of this site but instead may PM you. A wanted add will get more attention IMHO

jwc66k:

--- Quote from: Bossbill on March 05, 2023, 03:53:36 PM ---Few people bother to get the Weld/Sealant manual, which shows the interior convertible brace like 65/66.
Page 28 of my book.

--- End quote ---
Interesting to note. I've not worked on a 67 (or 68) Convertible.
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version