Author Topic: 69 Shelby Fog lamp switch power  (Read 1514 times)

Offline Dave Stribling

69 Shelby Fog lamp switch power
« on: June 06, 2013, 11:23:54 AM »
Can anybody tell me where the Shelby harness that goes to the foglamp switch gets it power from. The Shelby supplemental guide shows the power coming in on a Green/red wire but coming out of the 14L401 assembly it doesn't show where it goes. I need to know where the fog lights tap into power - Currently when you turn on the fog lamps the rear running lights come on. Apparently the last guy didn't know either!  Thanks - Dave

Offline Dave Stribling

Re: 69 Shelby Fog lamp switch power
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 04:41:50 PM »
OK - I did more homework and the 10 line (green/red) provides power to the brakelight switch and runs through one of the ammeter circuit breakers under the console (70 made the circuit breaker a standard feature). Line 478 is output to the foglamps, and 14 is power from the parking lamps power switch off the light switch. BUT, there is a circuit from the 15 amp circuit breaker from the ammeter (power all the time) to the foglamp switch. This is making the foglamps work at any time, not just when the parking lamps are on?

I pulled the wire from the circuit breaker to the fog lamp switch and everything works as it is suppose to. I don't know why Ford pulls power through that second circuit breaker since it draws power from the parking lamp circuit. Anybody know why?

I'm thinking I have a contact somewhere in the turn signal switch.  That is usually the culprit.

Offline Dave Stribling

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 05:01:08 PM »
Here's a pic of the underside of the console.

Offline Dave Stribling

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 05:14:32 PM »
Well, I just talked to my Shelby expert and he said "yeah, that's how they worked. WTF! He said yeah, if you wanted to outrun the cops you turned the foglights on because the brakelights didn't work. WOW.

So if you could confirm for me please:
1. The foglights will come on whether or not the key is on or the parking lamps are lit.
2. The tailights will come on when the foglamps are turned on and key is off.
3. The brake lights don't operate when the foglamps are on.

Have I been chasing a phantom all day?