Author Topic: 68 NJ Floor seam sealant  (Read 597 times)

Offline Keithc8

68 NJ Floor seam sealant
« on: April 18, 2010, 02:31:18 AM »
NOTE: This first set of posts were separated from another thread focusing on a different year and plant

Was this seam sealer on the bottom of the car done before the car was painted on the bottom. I have seen pictures of the seam sealer applied what looks like the last thing. It was applied over the red oxide, dump paint and over spray. I think I know where to put it but keep getting confused on the order of application on some of this stuff.

Thanks, Keith
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 10:55:16 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
Re: 68 NJ Floor seam sealant
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 06:48:20 PM »
Was this seam sealer on the bottom of the car done before the car was painted on the bottom. I have seen pictures of the seam sealer applied what looks like the last thing. It was applied over the red oxide, dump paint and over spray. I think I know where to put it but keep getting confused on the order of application on some of this stuff.

Thanks, Keith
Its plant and year specific Keith, which car are you asking about?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 10:55:23 PM by J_Speegle »
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline Keithc8

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 07:29:57 PM »
Tim it is the 68 KR. I see some where the floor meets the rocker panel and some left around the seat belt braces on the bottom. I also see it in some places at the rear torque box. I feel that when we blasted the car that some of this came of the car. I have seen pictures of it applied in these areas like this and you could see it pretty well. There is evidence of it in all of these places on the car.

Thanks, Keith
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 10:55:59 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 10:06:42 PM »
68 NJ cars had it like you describe, between the floor and rocker and partial around the torque boxes. It also was brushed around seat belt anchors, along the bottom of trunk drops and on the back of valance above tips on dual exhaust cars
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 10:55:35 PM by J_Speegle »
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline Keithc8

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 11:57:11 PM »
 That is the way I have it and that is where I found some of it left over on the car. I think I am getting close with this finishing up stuff that has taken about 3 months now. Got to change out the upper and lowers now, get the springs the right color and get the spring seats right along with the under side of the fenders. I think this is all I like along with the stuff that you have for me.

Thanks, Keith
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 10:55:48 PM by J_Speegle »