Author Topic: Warranty Plate  (Read 687 times)

Offline austexstang

Warranty Plate
« on: October 16, 2023, 03:01:46 PM »
Hello All:

I'm interested in opinions on this door tag.

Thanks

Offline jwc66k

Re: Warranty Plate
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2023, 04:14:04 PM »
The only part that stands out is the special order number portion of the DSO. It could mean any number of non-standard options, or just a regular order with specific options, usually paint. The first six Fords I owned were all special order for what I wanted. As this is a 65 Mustang, there is no "Marti Report" available (67 and up) and without a window sticker, it would be impossible to figure out what. Sometimes a factory build sheet gets "tucked" in somewhere.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline austexstang

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2023, 04:19:43 PM »
I appreciate your info and insight.  To me, looking at the car, the color of the paint didn't seem to be a '65 Mustang color.  It could have been a "Ford Motor Co" color or not.
Thanks

Offline dkknab

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2023, 06:31:15 PM »
I'm no expert but it sure does look like the 5F0 and possibly the 9 have been messed with compared to the other digits that are crisp.  Just a thought.

Unless of course it's been pulled off of some other car,  that's why the whole left side of the tag is messed up. Again no expert here.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 06:33:49 PM by dkknab »
David Knab

1968 Sunlit Gold Coupe Sprint B
289 2V, AT, PS
Nugget Gold Interior
April 5, 1968 Build Date, Metuchen Plant

2019 Bullitt Highland Green K7662

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2023, 08:03:03 PM »
Hello All:

I'm interested in opinions on this door tag.

Looks like a worn original door tag. Appears to be a special order paint car given the DSO coding. Ordered through the Houston region and built at Dearborn. 3,195 th special order vehicle out of that region that production year. This included commercial trucks, buses, taxi's and everything. Ford didn't keep the paperwork so there is no record of the cars original color so doing some work and searching of the vehicle will have to be your source for this

More information about these cars in an earlier threads (there are over 100 discussions covering different years and details) You will find search, though not perfect, can really help on this site

https://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=8512.msg152241#msg152241

https://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=9318.msg54809#msg54809

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline austexstang

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2023, 10:51:14 AM »
Thanks for your insight and the links; I'll check them out.