Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Interior & Trunk / Applying quarter trim upholstery on convertible
« Last post by Corey Bowcutt on Today at 06:12:33 PM »
I am about to recover the quarter trim panels for my 1964.5 convertible.  Has anyone done this and have tips.  Conceptually seems easy but am afraid the reality will be tricky.

Corey
Suspension / Re: Original brake calipers - 1968 to 1970
« Last post by AJ on Today at 03:43:54 PM »
I believe these to be originals from my late Feb GT500.  No revelation but perhaps date correlation useful in some way. 

Adrian
Suspension / Re: Original brake calipers - 1968 to 1970
« Last post by Bob Gaines on Today at 01:32:15 PM »
FYI at least on the 69/70 Shelby the front of the caliper received a quick brush of semigloss /flat paint across the street side. This was to conceal flash surface rust from showing through the spokes of the Shelby wheel. I have not seen evidence of that being done on magnums given they do not show the calipers in the same way.
Suspension / Original brake calipers - 1968 to 1970
« Last post by Anghelrestorations on Today at 12:48:03 PM »
Not sure if anyone has studied or looked at this before, but figured I would throw this out here.  The original brake calipers that were used from 1968 to 1970 were a C8OZ-2B120-A (RH), and a C8OZ-2B121-A (LH).  I always thought it was unusual that Ford would only have one vendor and one design of this caliper as everything I have seen has been a KH (Kelsey-Hayes) design.  I dont think there is a Bendix front caliper unless I missed it. 
I realize now that there is actually two different design original front brake calipers if you look closer - both are cast with the FoMoCo symbol and both stamped with what I think is a Kelsey Hayes date code.  These two are both from original Jan/Feb 69 Shelbys and match their build dates so assume they are original to the cars.  Curious if anyone has seen anything other than these designs during these years.  The caliper pictured on the left that I call the tear drop design dated 020KH9 is by far the most common I have seen. 

20240505_185039 by Marcus Anghel, on Flickr

20240505_185140 by Marcus Anghel, on Flickr

20240505_185122 by Marcus Anghel, on Flickr

1964 1/2 - 1965 / Re: Unusual 64.5-Early 65 Lug Wrench
« Last post by CharlesTurner on Today at 01:42:09 AM »
I've seen them in early 64.5 cars.
1969 - 70 Shelby / Re: Critique needed
« Last post by Bob Gaines on Today at 01:09:49 AM »
No deduction for painted faux finishes in trailered as long as it looks like the original finish. Example no brush strokes on a faux finish that is supposed to be cast iron etc. If you paint the coils do not do them glossy. I would do a egg shell or something on the flatter spectrum.
« Last post by Bob Gaines on Today at 01:04:01 AM »
Bob,  Good to know about the classification distinction.  Ill redo the struts in effort toward darker shade.  I now see the 34033 nuts in the AMK catalog.   NPDs description threw me off.   

Any advice on finishing coil springs?  Is there  trailered point deduction for paint ?

Im quickly learning rust is an insidious arch enemy.
Strut rods are lighter virgin bare steel from what I have observed in the field and backed up by NOS service units. Some people light phosphate them for ease of  maintenance. The bolts are darker heat treated looking.
« Last post by AJ on May 06, 2024, 11:05:30 PM »
Bob,  Good to know about the classification distinction.  Ill redo the struts in effort toward darker shade.  I now see the 34033 nuts in the AMK catalog.   NPDs description threw me off.   

Any advice on finishing coil springs?  Is there  trailered point deduction for paint ?

Im quickly learning rust is an insidious arch enemy. 

1967 Mustang / What is Protex Treatment on an Export car?
« Last post by SCJSTU on May 06, 2024, 10:20:04 PM »
Never seen this?

Here is Marti on a 67 export car
« Last post by Bob Gaines on May 06, 2024, 09:56:22 PM »
In the first picture shows excessive pits in the side alleys of the lower control arm . You should have used better cores. There would be deductions for those. The finish of the control arm strut rod bolts and the strut rod should be reversed. The second picture doesn't show any pits. AMK has been the go to source for the castle nuts for several decades. Do they not have them anymore or have they changed in some way? FYI if you show up in classification and your car looks so nice that it appears never driven then you would be bumped up to trailered.If things are missed in classification and the judging team goes to judge a car in a driven class and it appears that it has not been driven then they can request a reclassification.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10