Author Topic: Recommendation for a complete carburetor kit  (Read 1032 times)

9TO2Hknot4cell

Recommendation for a complete carburetor kit
« on: March 29, 2019, 05:57:25 PM »
I have a 2100 2V carburetor that is original to my 69 Mustang.  Carb id: C9ZF-B  date code: A  8M  18.

I'm looking for a carburetor rebuild kit recommendation from some of you that has had good success with a certain carb kit.  I plan on rebuilding it myself. 

Any recommendations for a complete carburetor kit brand will be greatly appreciated.

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
Re: Recommendation for a complete carburetor kit
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 05:59:18 PM »
try here...lots of good info.....

https://www.carburetor-parts.com/
5F09C331248

9TO2Hknot4cell

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 06:22:55 PM »
Thanks carlite65 for quick response. I'll check 'em out ;)

9TO2Hknot4cell

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 06:37:38 PM »
I'm on the Mike's carburetor website.  The electric choke conversion kit caught my attention.  Has anyone ever installed one of these on an original 2V 2100?  My automatic choke has never ran correct.

Thanks for any information.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 06:59:30 PM »
I'm on the Mike's carburetor website.  The electric choke conversion kit caught my attention.  Has anyone ever installed one of these on an original 2V 2100?  My automatic choke has never ran correct.

Kind of outside our focus here ;) but yes have done this in the past, most of the time in connection to changing out the exhaust manifolds for headers though have used the tubing rapped around a header tube also.  Electric choke will not fix other issues present in the linkage and assembly.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 08:53:28 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

9TO2Hknot4cell

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 07:58:11 PM »
Kind of outside our focus here ;) but yes have done this in the past, most of the time in connection to changing out the exhaust manifolds for headers though have used the tubing rapped around a header tube also.  Electric choke will not fit other issues present in the linkage and assembly.
Didn't know what you meant by out of your focus.

Also, your last sentence don't really make sense.  They make electric chokes for the 2100 and from what Mike told me that they work exceptionally well on a 2100 2V.

I don't really need a response because I've have moved forward with a kit from Mike.

Thanks carlite65

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 08:54:06 PM »
Didn't know what you meant by out of your focus.

The focus here on this site is how these cars were originally built. That was the reference ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)