Author Topic: Picture of 67 Shelby K Motor  (Read 2069 times)

Offline Bossbill

• In the middle of project hell
Picture of 67 Shelby K Motor
« on: April 03, 2018, 04:53:43 PM »
Does someone have a good set of pictures  of a 67 GT350 K motor? Out of the car would be best.

Of special interest is the timing cover area as that is where a lot of the changes were made compared to a 66.
Bill
Concours  Actual Ford Build 3/2/67 GT350 01375
Driven      6/6/70 0T02G160xxx Boss 302
Modified   5/18/65 5F09A728xxx 347 Terminator-X 8-Stack
Race        65 2+2 Coupe conversion

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Picture of 67 Shelby K Motor
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 10:05:55 PM »
Does someone have a good set of pictures  of a 67 GT350 K motor? Out of the car would be best.

Of special interest is the timing cover area as that is where a lot of the changes were made compared to a 66.
This is of a early car #0050 . With the exception of the terminal block the rest is the same(engine wise).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 01:33:41 AM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 12:15:00 AM »
Another angle

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bossbill

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 01:09:43 PM »
I have lots of pictures of 67 GT350 engines I've taken over the years but I think they mostly fall into over-restored, incorrectly restored with the wrong parts or customized.
It's refreshing to see these two. Thanks. More please?

I see over a dozen interesting details without copying the pics and blowing them up even further to ferret out even more.

I originally started this thread with the thought of "67 K motor", then realized there were far more Shelbys with this engine than standard Mustangs. Plus the changes required for the intake, carb, etc. Sorry for the initial confusion regarding placement.

However (and this may take another thread all to itself), the vendors have taken it upon themselves to lump in 65-66 Ks with the 67. As far as I can tell the front dress on this engine is very different. The timing cover (T/C) is not a deep dish style like the early Ks. The "Hipo" water pump described for early cars does not fit this T/C. The fuel pump is different. The fan spacer is not the same and neither is the fan.
If you read the vendor parts listing they infer that all 65-67 Ks are the same.

As the Hipo Forum STILL will not reset my account, I can't visit there. Is the SAAC forum the best venue for particulars like these?
Bill

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 03:52:18 PM »
As the Hipo Forum STILL will not reset my account, I can't visit there. Is the SAAC forum the best venue for particulars like these?

A fair number of members of each site are members at least lurk or are members here also. You might get some more pictures (especially older and more recent restored examples if that is what you want)

Not sure of the particulars your looking for not sure if I would describe the front of a 67 K code very different from a 66 but a difference is a difference

Most of us realize that the whole vendor description thing can be a rant that last for a long time but we can't change all of them so we'll have to address differences one by one at this level  :)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 04:27:08 PM »
As the Hipo Forum STILL will not reset my account, I can't visit there.
Did you start from scratch? Try this, don't fight it - add a number after your ID, like "Bossbill1". Computer logic can be circumvented.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Bossbill

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 04:45:11 PM »
I tried that but they only allow one account per email address.
If I try get a password reset it says "Your account has not been activated yet."
If I try to activate it says "An activation email has been sent to your email address", yet one never comes.
If I try to find out an Admins email account by looking up the Team or via the FAQ, it requires one to logon -- see above.
I tried to find the owner via a domain lookup, but that email went unanswered.

I've been in IT for decades, so this is not new to me.
But someone did not think through the "users have account issues" process and I'm not playing the game of creating a new email addie just for one broken site.
Bill