Author Topic: 1967 Front Bumper. I need a measurement if someone would be so kind.  (Read 1718 times)

1967 eight barrel

I am having issues with the bumper being too wide to attach the front bumper at the rear bumper to fender brackets. Could someone measure from edge of the carriage bolt hole closest to the edge of the inside opening of the bumper to the same place on the other side? It should be about 65". Could someone confirm measurements for me please? The drake reproduction is too wide, and there is no width adjustment on a shelby nose.
                                                                                            Kindest Regards, Keith

« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 05:29:51 PM by 1967 eight barrel »

Offline preaction

Re: 1967 Front Bumper. I need a measurement if someone would be so kind.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 01:07:42 PM »
Keith, are you working on a front or rear bumper ?
8F02R218047-  July 18 1968   Dearborn

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 02:02:28 PM »
I am having issues with the bumper being too wide to attach the rear bumper to fender brackets. Could someone measure from edge of the carriage bolt hole closest to the edge of the inside opening of the bumper to the same place on the other side? It should be about 65". Could someone confirm measurements for me please? The drake reproduction is too wide, and there is no width adjustment on a shelby nose.
                                                                                            Kindest Regards, Keith

Kieth ,make sure you are using the correct brackets on the sides of the front bumper. There is a special bracket for 67 Shelby compared to regular Mustang. It is a simple design and the ones Branda sells look correct.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Bossbill

• In the middle of project hell
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 02:39:15 PM »
You state front bumper in the title and make reference to Shelby nose. But your text says rear.
So it's the front!

I measured the Ford original 67 on my Shelby and a spare Ford original 68 I have in storage.
The 67 is 66 1/4" and the 68 is 66 1/2".

Considering that both have been on cars and may not be perfect I was surprised how close they were.

If you need a pic/measurement of the 67 Shelby bracket I have it off the car.
Bill
Concours  Actual Ford Build 3/2/67 GT350 01375
Driven      6/6/70 0T02G160xxx Boss 302
Modified   5/18/65 5F09A728xxx 347 Terminator-X 8-Stack
Race        65 2+2 Coupe conversion

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 05:41:37 PM »
I looked at the wording after I posted while talking on two phones at the same time. I can see how it would appear to be confusing.  Front bumper, rear mounting points to the fender. (I do have the Shelby specific brackets, thoughtful catch, Bob!) The bumper appears to be too wide at the rear. How I would like the measurement is: From bolt hole edge to bolt hole edge that would be closest to the body at the body to bumper mounting hole. It should be in the 65" range. I certainly apologize for the confusion.
                                                                                                                  -Keith

Offline Bossbill

• In the middle of project hell
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 07:23:53 PM »
PM sent. For others, the measurement is center-to-center on the outermost square holes of the two bumpers.
Bill
Concours  Actual Ford Build 3/2/67 GT350 01375
Driven      6/6/70 0T02G160xxx Boss 302
Modified   5/18/65 5F09A728xxx 347 Terminator-X 8-Stack
Race        65 2+2 Coupe conversion