Author Topic: Taillight bracket  (Read 561 times)

Offline shelby_1967

Taillight bracket
« on: February 25, 2022, 04:00:15 PM »
On an earlier post I found this picture, is the bracket on the left only used with the flat panel and the right the later raised lip? If both were used with flat panel what?s the difference in how the light existed the Mustang panel?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 05:46:58 PM by shelby_1967 »

Offline Bossbill

• In the middle of project hell
Re: Taillight bracket
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 07:28:15 PM »
I recognize that pic ;)

Having a Shelby car number and Shelby completion date would get you closer to an answer.
So would details of the holes present in your Mustang metal taillight panel and if holes are present on the metal trunk lip (area).

The deep metal bracket is used with the flat fiberglass panel. There may be exceptions which I can't answer.
Bill
Concours  Actual Ford Build 3/2/67 GT350 01375
Driven      6/6/70 0T02G160xxx Boss 302
Modified   5/18/65 5F09A728xxx 347 Terminator-X 8-Stack
Race        65 2+2 Coupe conversion

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 07:45:00 PM »
I recognize that pic ;)

Having a Shelby car number and Shelby completion date would get you closer to an answer.
So would details of the holes present in your Mustang metal taillight panel and if holes are present on the metal trunk lip (area).

The deep metal bracket is used with the flat fiberglass panel. There may be exceptions which I can't answer.
Exceptions sometimes happen but in the case of the shallow box on the right it is next to impossible to use with the flat tail panel which leaves just the deep box on the left as being typically used with the flat tail panel
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline shelby_1967

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2022, 09:09:41 AM »
That?s what I was thinking. Many thanks.

Offline shelby_1967

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2022, 09:11:53 AM »
I recognize that pic ;)

That picture has helped a lot of me in the past.  And now I get to use it to help others. Thanks!