Author Topic: 67? Radiator ID  (Read 488 times)

Offline bhoulis

• 67 GT350
67? Radiator ID
« on: November 10, 2022, 03:52:59 PM »
Friend of mine is cleaning out his garage and came across a radiator he thinks came out of a 67 mustang. The only markings on it are the FoMoCo stamped logo and a tag soldered on top with the number 015447 and ALL SEASONS RAD underneath the number. I'm guessing Ford parts counter replacement but I'm sure someone here might know for sure. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Brian
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 06:50:16 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Radiator ID
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 06:37:03 PM »
Friend of mine is cleaning out his garage and came across a radiator he thinks came out of a 67 mustang. The only markings on it are the FoMoCo stamped logo and a tag soldered on top with the number 015447 and ALL SEASONS RAD underneath the number. I'm guessing Ford parts counter replacement but I'm sure someone here might know for sure. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Brian
The San Jose plant built cars typically used a soldered on tag with a Ford engineering number. Those radiators besides the raised FOMOCO in the top tank would also have a W MO (Western Modine radiator facility ? ) and a dater code in raised numbers in the top tank.  If the radiator doesn't have the W MO in the top tank but does have the FOMOCO then it comes from the Eastern facility and will have a identification number metal stamped into the side straps. The tag you describe is different then the ones Ford used so it has most likely been rebuilt before and that is the rebuilders tag.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Radiator ID
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 06:50:01 PM »
Agreed that what you in general have described is an eastern Modine radiator with a aftermarket core that was added at one time. The description of the tag suggests that the core is a replacement that is possibly wider than factory
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)