Author Topic: Button top fuel pumps application?  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Murf

Button top fuel pumps application?
« on: July 12, 2023, 12:52:21 AM »
Going to list a couple of rebuilt button top fuel pumps in the For Sale section but not sure of the application.  One is # 3911-S, which may be for a 65 289 2 BBl. and also for a 65 4 BBL. . Is this correct?  The second pump is # 4009.  Have no idea what it fits.  Both are rebuilt with filter cans and I assume filters inside.  Any confirmation of the use of the 3911S and any identification of the 4009 would be appreciated.  Dates available if they will help.  If a photo will help I D these P M me and will send you by phone some pictures of the pumps (too stupid to post images here) .
John Murphy

1965 "K" GT fastback Honey Gold exterior, Ivy Green and White Pony interior, many options
1966 Conv., high option, removeable hardtop, thermactor "C" engine, AC, Springtime Yellow exterior, Black Pony interior
1968 California Special, "J" code, ,many options, white with red interior

Offline outlawincorporated

• Kangaroo Herder
Re: Button top fuel pumps application?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2023, 05:52:40 AM »
JOHN.

partial answer for you; 3911s fuel pump application is for a 65 289 2v and 4v.  it is not correct for a 289 4v hipo use that application is a 3939s example.
is what you have a unrestored original pump or a restored pump? the assembly-line fuel pump is a Carburettor style while the later replacement and service version has a Carter stamping.

the other example i have no idea on.

regards

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.
ITS ONLY EVER ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!

MCA GOLD CARD JUDGE 1ST GENERATION.  MCA #68589