1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1969 Boss

69 Boss 302 Power Steering

<< < (6/6)

chockostang:
Yes, I have heard both versions,  I never got this cleared up in my head for 20 years.  See cars with BF pumps,  "Owner says-That is totally original",  69's with Bottom radiator hose on Drivers side, steel cradle- "Owner===That is totally original-late 69".
I'm very convinced the PS option was a option on 69 using the C7AA Aluminum bracket, the steel support with no hole, the C9ZA 3A719 D numbered pump end pressure, the lower hoses same as 351W.Pump a HBA BK (Return turn 90 degrees straight down, and with a cooler.
Sure do appreciate all that chimed in here.  Kerry Mcmann and I can discuss the situation.

73mockone:
I am attempting to find a replacement for the power steering pressure hose for my 1969 BOSS 302, what I believe to be C9ZZ 3A719-C.  I also understand form the forum that this part is extremely hard to find and is not to my knowledge being reproduced.  Assuming NOS or used original cannot be located, what would you suggest as the most suitable alternative?

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: 73mockone on July 14, 2023, 10:14:44 AM ---I am attempting to find a replacement for the power steering pressure hose for my 1969 BOSS 302, what I believe to be C9ZZ 3A719-C.  I also understand form the forum that this part is extremely hard to find and is not to my knowledge being reproduced.  Assuming NOS or used original cannot be located, what would you suggest as the most suitable alternative?

--- End quote ---

Given the site and our focus I don't believe there is a suitable alternative. Would guess that your going to have to find or make something that will make the power steering work while you wait and search for something better

Going to add your post and thread to the other related thread on the same subject

krelboyne:
Often times, Boss 302 engines would have a designation of "Special", to differentiate them from the common F code 302-2V engines. (same as K code 289)
The G code Boss 302 engine, was introduced mid year 1969, we might not always find it in some versions of the MPC. I looked up the those hoses in my Mercury MPC. No listing for the Boss2 engine specific engine either. Posting findings from 1969 and 1970.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version