Author Topic: 1967 mustang interior paint color  (Read 1199 times)

Offline mattyjc

1967 mustang interior paint color
« on: July 18, 2023, 04:22:07 PM »
1967 mustang interior paint color

Hey Guys, newbie here.

Im building a 1967 fast back with black deluxe interior and Imlooking for the correct color for the fiberglass interior pieces. NPD is out of the charcoal vinyl paint and they do not know when it will be back in stock. They have the direct to metal stuff for the dash and they recommend it only for the dash/metal parts. I was wondering are the back panels actually the charcoal color or are they black?
Also is there an alternative to the NPD final charcoal black? see the Scott Drake is available at a few places but not sure if its worth using.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 09:48:28 AM by mattyjc »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 1967 mustang interior paint color
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2023, 03:08:39 PM »
They are painted the same Dark Charcoal Metallic along with all the other painted surfaces. Try TCP Global as a source for the paint 
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2023, 04:39:18 PM »
They are painted the same Dark Charcoal Metallic along with all the other painted surfaces. Try TCP Global as a source for the paint
Since it wasn't mentioned if the interior is a deluxe interior or not just in case I wanted to mention that the deluxe seat backs and seat side trim along with the kick panels were black instead of the charcoal on a black interior car. If not never mind.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline dkknab

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2023, 09:25:53 PM »
For what it's worth,  I've gotten paint from Classic Industries,  specially Original Equipment Reproduction  OER paint for my Nugget Gold interior and the shade was spot on.  Not sure if you're just looking for a source for the paint or for the actual color,  regardless they are a great source of you need the proper shade paint.
David Knab

1968 Sunlit Gold Coupe Sprint B
289 2V, AT, PS
Nugget Gold Interior
April 5, 1968 Build Date, Metuchen Plant

2019 Bullitt Highland Green K7662

Offline mattyjc

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2023, 09:46:00 AM »
For what it's worth,  I've gotten paint from Classic Industries,  specially Original Equipment Reproduction  OER paint for my Nugget Gold interior and the shade was spot on.  Not sure if you're just looking for a source for the paint or for the actual color,  regardless they are a great source of you need the proper shade paint.

Yes Deluxe interior. Thanks!

Offline mattyjc

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2023, 09:46:57 AM »
Yes Deluxe interior. Thanks!

Thanks. Looking for color and paint. Appreciate it!