Author Topic: Console dark red, full length four speed 65-66 Mustang  (Read 207 times)

Offline SFM6S1640

Console dark red, full length four speed 65-66 Mustang
« on: February 07, 2024, 01:06:27 AM »
Hi all,

I have an original dark red full length console for 65-66 Mustang without AC.  I am uncertain if the dark red was also available for 65, but for sure 1966.  I have had this console for over 40 years.  (That is scary to say.)  I had plans of putting in my 66 GT Coupe, but have not.  I now prefer the non-console look.   Its time to let someone else put in their car.

The console is complete with both sets of wiring, attaching "Z" bracket and AMK hardware.  The rear courtesy light housing is an origianl early all metal version with a repop lens.  The console color has not faded and has very nice color.  The repairs are:

1) In the ash tray area, the driver side under the ash tray, there was a piece broken out that has been replaced with a fiberglass repair.  The repair actually came out very well.  See image.

2) The passenger side, very forward corner had a crack that was repaired with fiberglass on the back side.  The crack is still slightly visible, but only noticeable if you looking for it.  It is also in the shadow area under the dash.

3) The center hole for the four speed shift plate was too large to accept the OEM screw.  I taped with a larger thread, filled with fiberglass resin and taped to a smaller hole for the OEM screw.

I'd like $500 plus the ride.  The shipping box is 11X14X52 and weights 16 lbs with console.  The USPS cost to ship to the east coast was $162 ground and $210 Priority Mail.  I would also recommend insurance.  Send me your ZIP code and I can calculate a cost.

Please ask questions.  If you are interested, please send me a message.

Thank you

Cory

« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 01:19:29 AM by SFM6S1640 »

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Console dark red, full length four speed 65-66 Mustang
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 01:39:18 AM »
The dark red would be more typical for a '66.

Couple pics of a low mileage Unrestored '66 I took pics of years ago.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline SFM6S1640

Re: Console dark red, full length four speed 65-66 Mustang
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2024, 09:36:11 PM »
Loose installed in car.

Thanks

Cory