Author Topic: Repro Drive Shaft Loop  (Read 3224 times)

Offline MWM

Repro Drive Shaft Loop
« on: December 23, 2011, 12:01:31 AM »
My old ride had the tar beat out on the underside of the tunnel from a previous owner mishap with the driveshaft going afoul.  I have seen a driveshaft loop in the CoBranda, Virginia Mustang catalogs and need to know if this mounts into the underside at the seatbelt hardware or do I have to drill new holes?  Since I am having to repair the pans and tunnel, I am not anxious to add new holes.  Any photos would be appreciated.  Also, has anyone made their own?
thank you!

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Repro Drive Shaft Loop
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 12:27:56 AM »
My old ride had the tar beat out on the underside of the tunnel from a previous owner mishap with the driveshaft going afoul.  I have seen a driveshaft loop in the CoBranda, Virginia Mustang catalogs and need to know if this mounts into the underside at the seatbelt hardware or do I have to drill new holes?  Since I am having to repair the pans and tunnel, I am not anxious to add new holes.  Any photos would be appreciated.  Also, has anyone made their own?
thank you!
The mounting points for the Shelby driveshaft loop are the seatbelt threaded anchor points. If it designed after the Shelby one and I can only assume that it is then it would mount at the same points. Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline MWM

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 09:20:15 PM »
Got it!  Thanks Bob!

Offline NEFaurora

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 10:07:09 PM »

Yeah, Great question, Who repros these?  I would love to add one.

Any idea?

Tony K.
Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001

Offline MWM

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 11:16:12 PM »
Tony K
I got mine through Tony Branda at http://www.cobranda.com/ and can't wait to try it out!