Author Topic: 1970 gt500 trunk emission  (Read 9749 times)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 1970 gt500 trunk emission
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2012, 02:01:22 AM »
purchased from NPD one of those vent lines that attaches to fuel filler pipe and runs thru btm of dropoff and fits into  pass side  frame rail. .  included were  all copies of the tsb retrofit. great info-  but now i'm wondering if i should actually install it.   my shelby  does not have the retrofit holes. i would like to install it but car orig had the calif vapor system in trunk. because of that system did the calif gt500's not need the retrofit  as per the recall.  again my shelby is a 70 gt500 made  june 69 not sold till dec/69.  would it be wrong to have both on car.  it would be a pretty busy trunk!  as long as it wouldn't  be a points deduction i would certainly like to do it.   the 70 version vapor filler pipe  looks like it is a double tube construction.  thanks
It is not applicable to a ca emissions car which already uses a non vented gas cap. The vented gas cap was what caused the problem on the GT500.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby