Author Topic: rear valance screw  (Read 2016 times)

Offline 1970shelbyguy

rear valance screw
« on: February 26, 2012, 01:32:43 PM »
seen different style screws offered from different vendors.   pan head or a flatter style phillips.     also are the ones used in the btm corners use a washer  or just a flanged  nut?   are the  amk produced ones  dead on?   are all screws mounted prior to paint or just a couple  for a 70 gt500  june/69 .  i suppose valance was removed  to chop out the exh hole or was valance replaced with a pre cut one at kar- kraft ?  thanks
1970 gt500  grabber blue  june/69     1970  boss 302  metuchen  dec/69

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: rear valance screw
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 01:10:56 AM »
seen different style screws offered from different vendors.   pan head or a flatter style phillips.     also are the ones used in the btm corners use a washer  or just a flanged  nut?   are the  amk produced ones  dead on?   are all screws mounted prior to paint or just a couple  for a 70 gt500  june/69 .  i suppose valance was removed  to chop out the exh hole or was valance replaced with a pre cut one at kar- kraft ?  thanks
The AMK ones a good . They should be pan head. Evidence leads us to believe the rear valance had the hole cut prior to painting from paint witness lines in the center. The rear valance had to be removed for rear leaf spring and exhaust installation. Most if not all screws would be new unpainted IMO . I can't see the AO Smith line fussing over reusing some specific colored painted screws rather then replacing all new.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline 1970shelbyguy

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 12:34:22 AM »
thanks bob for the info-  i thought something like that would happen- no messing around looking for body color screws dropped on the floor.  just install new screws!   chipped in to  jeff s  beer and chips fund.  worth every penny! 

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 02:22:20 AM »
.......   chipped in to  jeff s  beer and chips fund.  worth every penny!

Thanks but of course its not for me - but for  the benefit of all
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 1970shelbyguy

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 09:30:36 PM »
oh i know that of course.  best ten bucks i've invested.  spent hundreds before to save a point or two.     question- -   the rear trunk lid rubber snubbers - are they the adjustable kind used  on rad support.  how were they attached? thanks