Author Topic: qtr panel extension blk out paint  (Read 2209 times)

Offline 1970shelbyguy

qtr panel extension blk out paint
« on: February 29, 2012, 01:36:06 AM »
i've seen the rear extensions with semi gloss blk paint and others with  no blk out at all. should it have some on the inside vertical edge  like the boss 302's?  any other spots on extensions?  possibly under the top lip ? same type of paint as FRONT TURN SIGNAL BLK OUT ON FRONT VALANCE? thanks
1970 gt500  grabber blue  june/69     1970  boss 302  metuchen  dec/69

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: qtr panel extension blk out paint
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 11:25:24 PM »
i've seen the rear extensions with semi gloss blk paint and others with  no blk out at all. should it have some on the inside vertical edge  like the boss 302's?  any other spots on extensions?  possibly under the top lip ?

Not sure what your describing as the "top lip" but the black is applied to the extensions as well as the taillight panel to the angled area around the taillight panel. The edge of the black out follows the "witness line" around the extension and down behind the bumper along the raised sharp edge behind the bumper

From original cars - Quarter extensions

same type of paint as FRONT TURN SIGNAL BLK OUT ON FRONT VALANCE? thanks

Front valance turn signal pockets

Being reproduced

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 1970shelbyguy

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 01:10:19 AM »
great pics jeff-   i thought there might be a little bit of blk out  just under the btm lip of extension  that follows along to  the btm edge of trunklid.    semi gloss or flat black?   same paint as btm pinch weld i suppose   great pics of front signal area too.   maybe i should contribute another 10 bucks!    awesome work    thanks

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 06:59:02 PM »
great pics jeff-   i thought there might be a little bit of blk out  just under the btm lip of extension  that follows along to  the btm edge of trunklid.    semi gloss or flat black?   

The masking seems to follow that witness line so there is maybe a 1/4" of edge there that gets black

I think the finish is a flatter black than pinch weld paint
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 1970shelbyguy

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 11:11:51 PM »
alright jeff -  like cleaning under the lip of a toilet bowl .   same finish as on the  tail lite panel?  thanks