Author Topic: Tag under carpet 68 GT 350  (Read 1902 times)

Offline jalapenope

Tag under carpet 68 GT 350
« on: September 18, 2013, 10:38:53 PM »
I found this tag (see attached) under the rear seat and was wondering if it was from a warranty card or a snap-off from the door tag. There was a mouse nest under the seat with the tag nearby but no bits of a warranty card. The car has been in storage since 1978. Just starting to get it road-worthy.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Tag under carpet 68 GT 350
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 01:21:59 AM »
I found this tag (see attached) under the rear seat and was wondering if it was from a warranty card or a snap-off from the door tag. There was a mouse nest under the seat with the tag nearby but no bits of a warranty card. The car has been in storage since 1978. Just starting to get it road-worthy.
could be.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline tim_morrison82

• Click Here for My Project
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 02:02:02 AM »
looks like the thing stuck to the temporary owners card. maybe shelby didnt issue them and it got left there? or they kept them in the car on the line, but forgot to grab it before carpet installation?
San Jose built (Mid Dec 67) Non GT J code Coupe.
Wimbledon White with Parchment Bench seat,
Visibility Group, Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Selectaire Conditioner, AM radio, Heavy Duty suspension, Deluxe Belts, Deluxe Wheel Covers, 3.00:1 rear.

Unique 1 of 1 car. Just like every other car...

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 08:44:59 AM »
I found this tag (see attached) under the rear seat and was wondering if it was from a warranty card or a snap-off from the door tag. 
Thats exactly what it is
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 12:45:14 PM »
Bottom half of the door tag that was typically broken off and attached to the temporary warranty/owners card
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)