Author Topic: MCA National Show ~Nickel City Mustang Roundup July 29-31 ~WHO'S STILL GOING?  (Read 3154 times)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
I'm still planning on it but between the engine overhaul of my tow rig and these fuel prices though...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 01:01:04 PM by 67gtasanjose »
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline KevinK

Earlier this year, I had planned on attending. I was looking into purchasing an east coast car and it would be a perfect stopping point. The car owner is not ready to part with it yet.

I did run into a very nice 70 Gt500 at Carlisle who is planning on hitting the show. Very nice car and has not seen many MCA shows. It's was red or orange (indoors with sun glasses). Those interested should enjoy this rare siting. Not sure what class. I think it had some touch ups. The story is that it never sold by the dealership until 1985.
MCA #33800, Gold Card 3rd Gen
BAMA Member
67 Coupe, 69 Coupe, 74 Coupe, 84 SVO, 84 GT Turbo, 86 GT, 88 McLaren, 89 LX Sport, 03 Mach 1, 07 GT500, 14 GT/CS

Offline tobkob

I wonder if that the 500 mile car that was at MCACN last year? If so it's not perfect and the right quarter panel was repaired when nearly new (not a good repair) but still a very nice car.

TOB
1969 (04/07/69) GT350 owned since 1970. Only owner since Hertz.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
I'm planning on going .I hope to put some faces with forum members.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline 67gtasanjose

All loaded and fueled. About a 3-hour drive for me.

I sure am happy my fuel bill is lessened from a few months back!

Thanks everyone for any and all help. I know there are a few things not up to par but the car presents very well (if you leave your magnifier at home).
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Good luck and safe travels

Sure your car will show well and you will be rewarded for all that hard work and effort
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
All loaded and fueled. About a 3-hour drive for me.

I sure am happy my fuel bill is lessened from a few months back!

Thanks everyone for any and all help. I know there are a few things not up to par but the car presents very well (if you leave your magnifier at home).
I am here. I am looking forward to finally seeing the car. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline ruppstang

Richard it was great to see you guys again. Your car was just as nice as I thought it would be. I am glad to have been a small part of building it.

Marty

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
It was a fun time . A lot of great cars. It was very well run IMO.

Offline mustangted

i was there with my 66 coupe in display only
66 L6 Coupe, 06 v-6 coupe

Offline 67gtasanjose

Has anyone recieved their bill for the New York State Thruway (Turnpike)?
I have not, it seems rather odd.
Richard Urch

Offline ruppstang

We are wondering the same thing.

Offline 70b302cat

You can also try to search by your license plate on the NYS Thruway page and pay your bill that way.

https://www.tollsbymailny.com/vector/videotolls/invoices/invoiceInquiry.do?locale=en_US&from=Home

Offline slk25

Re: MCA National Show ~Nickel City Mustang Roundup July 29-31
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2022, 09:34:00 PM »
Well, I just tried the pay by license plate and it did not recognize my plate.
I did call the phone number shown on the signs to register.
January 28 1966 Dearborn manufactured hardtop 289 2v 3spd manual

Offline 67gtasanjose

*Bill arrived yesterday. I don't trust this agency, last time I got dinged for NOT paying, when I did pay my $1 to get onto Grand Island for Nickel City's previous event a few years back...it wasn't the DOLLAR or the $5 administration fee (that time), it was the fact they didn't answer emails, phone calls or other...I snail-mailed them payment info SAME DAY I received my first notice...with a "contested form" filled out yet within 30-days, I had another $20 (now $26) added to my initial $1 toll...I vowed to never drive their system again but "never" didn't translate well when I saw the next closest event was there again!

*PAID by using barcode scanner, typing in the TOLL BILL No. (off of the mailed notice) with the license number of my trailer. Rates were reasonable.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 02:48:29 PM by 67gtasanjose »
Richard Urch