Author Topic: Assembly worker note?  (Read 697 times)

Offline kwemj 67

Assembly worker note?
« on: August 11, 2020, 07:41:30 PM »
While disassembly of this 68 GT500 convertible, I recorded this note on the RH rear inner fender apron. I believe it says " Checked Nut Loose", thoughts? I wonder what nut, maybe the coil spring outer cover bolts? or the A/C vacuum can...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 07:58:40 PM by J_Speegle »
7R03S157303 GTA

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Assembly worker note?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 07:58:08 PM »
My guess would be that its something an earlier owner wrote rather than something from the factory. Most workers were not assigned (that I'm aware of or have been told) markers and inspectors would have noted a short coming like that on a travelers form to document and officially address an issue as shown in a thread on the site. 
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 08:42:23 PM »
My guess would be that its something an earlier owner wrote rather than something from the factory. Most workers were not assigned (that I'm aware of or have been told) markers and inspectors would have noted a short coming like that on a travelers form to document and officially address an issue as shown in a thread on the site.
+1.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline kwemj 67

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 09:29:11 PM »
Ok. Figured you guys would have insight on it. Thank you for that, now I know the rest of the story!
7R03S157303 GTA