Author Topic: Dash restoration  (Read 6262 times)

Offline Aussiemach

• Silver Level Subscriber
Re: Dash restoration
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 10:59:15 PM »
Neither Acuze or Chrome Tech seem interested in answering emails and letting me know if they will deal with interantioanl shipping, and give me an estimate.  Local options seem non-existant. 

Frustrating to get good recommendations and then a business can't even be bothered to reply to a request for info, or just say "not interested" instead of ignoring a RFI.

2 complete dashes, 3 horn bezels, dome light ring, and a few other bits so not a one part order...

Found a local guy who will hard chrome, for $1000 for one dash.... I'll buy NOS for that $$$

Will keep looking.... thanks for the leads.

When you are looking at spending that kind of money what's a phone call cost in comparison?

I spoke with Ray Azcue a short time ago, he seemed to be very genuine and obliging. I am going to send my dash to him for repair.

There is a person in Adelaide who puts hard chrome on plastic dashes, the cost could be half of what you have been quoted.
Let me know if you want his phone number.
I have had a dash for my Ford ute done by him and it looks good. I'll go with Ray for the mustang because Ray will finish it including paint to concours condition.
1969 Mach 1 351w FMX Built in San Jose, February 26 1969

Offline Sunlitgold68

Re: Dash restoration
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 08:26:02 AM »
It seems Ray is always on the move or doing something besides the dash restoration business. You need to call him, he answered one of my emails about 4 months later....... anyway, he didn't charge me for my last piece, expect to wait around 2 months to get your parts back.

8T01C204XXX

Built May 14th, 1968

Original Owners, custom ordered from Clemmons Ford, Henderson NC