1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1965 - 1970 Shelby General

64 HiPo - 67 Shelby Hipo Air Cleaner Base

(1/2) > >>

Bossbill:
Edit to remove Mannel pic and (to retain author's copyright). Added a CCM pic.

I have an air cleaner base plate which is evidently incorrect for my 67 GT350.
The 64 Hipo and early 65 non-emission base evidently has no nipples at all, just two indentations where a small and large nipple would go.
I have this base. It does not have a date stamp.

NOT MY BASE, but appears to be identical to what I have:

The 67 base is [on edit] supposed to have only a small nipple.
I plan on purchasing a Drake reproduction of this air cleaner as it supposed to be almost dead on correct. Opinions?
I understand the 67 GT350 non-emission install would have a rubber cap and spring clamp. Please note my car's build date in my sig if this is another early, middle, late Ford/SA issue.

Was the 'C' base ever reproduced? If so, is there a way to determine if original or reproduction -- is there a detail or weight difference?

I keep hearing about 5A bases but don't hear much about other dates. How many (date) runs were there in 65 ? I gather the 67 base would also have a date and should be 7A (or earlier for my car) if there was a batch done in that time frame.

So many details for such a small part!

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: Bossbill on May 10, 2018, 02:17:11 PM ---I have an air cleaner base plate which is evidently incorrect for my 67 GT350.
The 64 Hipo and early 65 non-emission base is shown in pic C.
I have this base. It does not have a date stamp.

The 67 base is shown as [partial] pic D.
I plan on purchasing a Drake reproduction of this air cleaner as it supposed to be almost dead on correct. Opinions?
I understand the 67 GT350 non-emission install would have a rubber cap and spring clamp. Please note my car's build date in my sig if this is another early, middle, late Ford/SA issue.

Was the 'C' base ever reproduced? If so, is there a way to determine if original or reproduction -- is there a detail or weight difference?

I keep hearing about 5A bases but don't hear much about other dates. How many (date) runs were there in 65 ? I gather the 67 base would also have a date and should be 7A (or earlier for my car) if there was a batch done in that time frame.

So many details for such a small part!

--- End quote ---
Nether style is assemblyline correct for your 67 GT350 regardless of if putting a cap on it or not . They will function as needed but not look right . The Base you need instead of the larger nipple has what looks like a round disc with a 1/8 nipple coming out of the center and four spot welds around the washer . There is a picture in the book however I don't have access to one right now to help direct you to it. 

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Bob Gaines on May 10, 2018, 10:26:46 PM ---...................... The Base you need instead of the larger nipple has what looks like a round disc with a 1/8 nipple coming out of the center and four spot welds around the washer . There is a picture in the book however I don't have access to one right now to help direct you to it.

--- End quote ---

This the one your referring to? :) Probably should be posting scans from someone work without written permission.    ::) Just to keep us out of trouble with the author and inline with the forum rules

Have pictures of a 7C dated base with the large nipple wonder if that is for a 67 K code with Thermactor

++++++++++++

Bossbill I suppose you saw these other threads

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=16363.msg102428#msg102428

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=6591.msg48632#msg48632

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on May 10, 2018, 11:12:41 PM ---This the one your referring to? :) Probably should be posting scans from someone work without written permission.    ::) Just to keep us out of trouble with the author and inline with the forum rules

Have pictures of a 7C dated base with the large nipple wonder if that is for a 67 K code with Thermactor

++++++++++++

Bossbill I suppose you saw these other threads

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=16363.msg102428#msg102428

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=6591.msg48632#msg48632

--- End quote ---
Yes that is the one for open emission. The big nipple version is typically used for closed emission as in thermactor.

Bossbill:
Thanks for the pics Jeff and the verfication of what I need Bob. Edited my post to remove Mannel pic and use concoursmustang.com pic. Did a slight edit too.

The link to the saacforum.com thread on how to identify a repop is gone.
Do I need to post a closeup of mine -- but what area determines if it's real or a repop?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version