Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Processes, Products & Techniques

Battery Rebuild

<< < (2/2)

preaction:
Are the batteries in the repro Autolite's a lead acid or a AGM type ?

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: preaction on July 19, 2019, 06:26:56 PM ---Are the batteries in the repro Autolite's a lead acid or a AGM type ?

--- End quote ---

Depends on  the battery and when it was made. Earlier ones were only acid then later both were offered for different prices.

Have on new acid one I picked up a Grp 27 awhile back - early acid one that never had the acid added. figured for the $25 I paid for it I might change out the inside if was looking for another project one day. When they were not available for a while figured I at least had something to work with

dkknab:

--- Quote from: rrenz on July 16, 2019, 07:37:51 PM ---A few weeks ago I was dropping off a load of trash at the dump and saw this beauty sitting on a pallet. Ive begun the process of gutting the case. I opted to cut the bottom out to keep the top intact. For those of you that have done this by removing the bottom, I'm having trouble removing the plates and innards. Any tips and tricks anyone can share? Most of it is very reluctant to come out. Thanks in advance

--- End quote ---

Ryan, I have what appears possibly to be the same manufacturer repro. How did you end up getting the guts out going up from the bottom?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version