Author Topic: The site in general  (Read 845 times)

Offline 1966KGT

The site in general
« on: December 02, 2020, 01:42:06 PM »
I have been working on Mustangs  since I was 15, I love them, have always thought I was knowlegable , I know very little compared to you gents, I have corresponded to many and appreciate the direct attitude ya'll have due to you're expertise, and are glad to share the  knowledge, mostly I appreciate the time spent to share this knowledge. It is also appreciated that you will share parts you have and give leads to those that have the parts one is looking for, with this said i would like to extend the fact I have a lot of NOS 67-68 Mustang parts, I no longer have a 67-68, if anyone is looking for them let me know. A stellar job men!!!!
1966 K GT, BUILT 11/08/65 4 SPEED, SAN JOSE CAR, 1969 Mustang convertible, 1970 MACH 1, 1963 GALAXIE Q code Fastback, 1966 mustang t code coupe, fuel injected

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: The site in general
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 03:01:42 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.  The site has worked well as we're not directly affiliated with any commercial entity or national/world clubs.  We can remain neutral and help based on the collective experience of the group... which just so happens to include many from different backgrounds.

I do promise to get the SMF version updated soon.  I'm a firm believe of the KISS approach.  :-)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 01:07:34 AM by CharlesTurner »
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 07:58:47 PM »
Allot of the credit goes to the group of members we have here. So thank you all. For your support both by participating and supporting the site through donations

Thank you for your comments.

Number of members has never been important to us, though we have celebrated milestones as they have been reached. What is more important is good, solid (as best we can),  correct information, sharing of information, as well as careful study of the breed and production practices.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 10:25:06 PM »
Although I don't have a Mustang anymore, nor did a true concours restoration, I find this site to be a wonderful source of information and minutia found nowhere else.  Although I repair wiring for the non-concours crowd, I still come here to learn and offer what little insights I've obtained over the years.  It amazes me the depth and breadth of knowledge among all the members, as I don't think any one person can possibly retain all that information. 

Much of the knowledge comes from observations 30-50 years after the cars were built, with some original information from Ford (not always perfectly correct).  The attempts to isolate the change-over dates for running changes is a good example of how thorough the investigations can be. 

Well done!
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline Tiggie

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 10:55:07 PM »
I read and lurk and search more than anything. Wish I had more to add, but I am a first time car restorer.

I love the details this site provides and the straight honest answers as I get to the point of putting the details on my 68 project.
1968 8F01C191017, Built May 8, 1968
1994 GT, April 1994 Build