Author Topic: Shelby Convertible Dust Hood  (Read 744 times)

Offline ninedrvr

Shelby Convertible Dust Hood
« on: November 07, 2022, 09:23:50 AM »
I'm looking for information about the Shelby convertibles. Did these cars come from Ford/A.O.Smith with a dust cover, and if so, did it actually fit the quarter trim? I've noticed that many of the 69 convertibles don't have the snaps on the quarter trim panels. That could be from damage to the panels over the years requiring replacements or maybe some cars had the snaps added later.

I tried to find out whether the Shelbys had a unique part number for the dust cover but the 1975 version of the parts catalog doesn't even show a cover for an F body, only a cover for A. Does anyone have an earlier parts catalog that can check group 54400 for 1969? You would think that if these cars actually had a cover that fit, the part number would have to be unique.
1969 GT500 Convertible Recreation

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Shelby Convertible Dust Hood
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 04:27:59 PM »
I'm looking for information about the Shelby convertibles. Did these cars come from Ford/A.O.Smith with a dust cover, and if so, did it actually fit the quarter trim? I've noticed that many of the 69 convertibles don't have the snaps on the quarter trim panels. That could be from damage to the panels over the years requiring replacements or maybe some cars had the snaps added later.

I tried to find out whether the Shelbys had a unique part number for the dust cover but the 1975 version of the parts catalog doesn't even show a cover for an F body, only a cover for A. Does anyone have an earlier parts catalog that can check group 54400 for 1969? You would think that if these cars actually had a cover that fit, the part number would have to be unique.
I think you are referring to the convertible top boot. If so then there was no Shelby unique cover for all 69/70 Shelby convertibles . It is the same as regular Mustang. The trim came with snap hardware on the Shelby unique interior quarter trim. If no snap hardware then the trim has been replaced. I have not had good luck or heard of others having good luck with out of the box repro boots fitting well. I have had the best luck having my local Auto upholstery make up a boot from scratch so that it will fit well. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby