Author Topic: Trunk Light Wiring Details - Part of the Courtesy Group - San Jose  (Read 192 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
NOTE: Originally this first post was posted to the thread below but to follow our typical practices and to reduce long term possible issues with mixing different plant and workers techiques and practices I split this from the mother thread :)  I will be going back and labeling each of the following pictures in this post with VIN (shortened ones) so that viewers can descern between production periods and body type if that makes a difference.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I looked thru some older posts but could not find a good photo.  Does anyone have anything to share that shows a 68 trunk light installed.  Looking how the wiring was routed and clipped.

Not a popular option so I only found a few random pictures. Of course lots of 68 Shelby pictures with them since that was standard but they used more wires (they had an additional ground wire) , and all the connections were done at AO Smith

These all happen to be San Jose 68 examples

This one is painted because the car in areas was repainted. Notice that the trunk weatherstrip has paint on it also as well as the black plastic wire grommet on the trunk lid

8R01S114xxx

This ones wire travels towards the outer wheel well edge where it meets the quarter panel like we find on 68 Shelbys

Also if there was any overspray of the body color.  Working on a 1968 coupe but assume the convertibles would be the same or similar to look at.

No no paint on the wire like on 69 Shelby's.  On Mustangs the trunk was attached when the car was painted and the light had not been installed yet
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 12:51:55 AM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Trunk Light Wiring Details - Part of the Courtesy Group - San Jose
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023, 12:51:33 AM »
Didn't post originally since they don't show much but maybe as discussion continues or more are added maybe there will be something to will help in the following

8R01J1614xxx

8T03C194xxx Not great picture of details but maybe it while have some value

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)