Author Topic: 71 Driveshaft color code  (Read 1584 times)

Offline mach1er-rob

71 Driveshaft color code
« on: December 10, 2012, 03:10:41 PM »
    Anyone know the paint stripe colors for a 71 351-4V 4 speed? Where can I find the color codes for all the different years?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 71 Driveshaft color code
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 07:47:44 PM »
    Anyone know the paint stripe colors for a 71 351-4V 4 speed?

Don't have that exact same application. Can offer that it appears that the Boss 351 (with four speed ;) and the 72 Q code 4 speed used the same markings so its possible that the 71 M code likely used the same driveline. Cars all all the same size, trans the same size and engine setting and size are the same. As well as the rearend being the same general unit (size and placement)

Those colors were lavender, Red then Yellow - front to rear

Where can I find the color codes for all the different years?

Collect hundreds of buildsheets from every year - time period and possible option combinations ;) and pictures of original untouched pictures of specific drivelines from each applications. Don't think anyone had done that yet and published it to the internet. Sounds like a good project
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline nham3407

Re: 71 Driveshaft color code
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 10:41:30 AM »
Just stripped down a 72 driveshaft.  Not original to my car, but the same configuration of driveline 351C-2V, FMX Auto, 2.75 open and the colors on the driveshaft were Lavender, Red, Yellow front to back with two yellow stipes near the differential end.  Just wanted to offer this up in this thread.  Pictures of the stripes on a different computer now.
67 GT S-Code, San Jose, 06/67
72 Mach 1, Dearborn, 01/72
68 Merc. Cyclone, Lorain, 12/67 (Red)
68 Merc. Cyclone, Lorain, 6/68 (White)