1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1965 - 1970 Shelby General

Rear tie Brackets

(1/2) > >>

Keithc8:
 I have a 68 KR and 69 GT-500 and I just noticed that I put the tie down straps on them different. Should they go inside the rear strings or out side the rear springs. It looks like they could go either way but I know that only one way is probably correct. I do not know if it matters if the car had single or duel exhaust or not. Also if there is any correct way to install the bolts.

Thanks, Keith Craft

TLea:
Inside the springs. I usually see the bolts from the outside pointing in but I would think either is acceptable based on how/where/why they were installed

Keithc8:
 Thanks, looks like I have them on the 68 right and the 69 wrong.

Keith

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: Keithc8 on March 08, 2010, 01:06:21 AM --- I have a 68 KR and 69 GT-500 and I just noticed that I put the tie down straps on them different. Should they go inside the rear strings or out side the rear springs. It looks like they could go either way but I know that only one way is probably correct. I do not know if it matters if the car had single or duel exhaust or not. Also if there is any correct way to install the bolts.

Thanks, Keith Craft

--- End quote ---
Keith ,FYI the long ones are for the duel exhaust and the short ones are for single exhaust. Just in case your not sure. Bob

Keithc8:
 Do have the long ones but have wondered what the short ones were for. I thought it might have been earlier cars. Glad to know for sure now.

Thanks, Keith

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version