1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1970 Mustang

Still looking for correct textured hood stripe paint for ?70 Mach 1

(1/1)

DaveF:
I am getting ready to have my hood repainted. I have the stencil for it, but I am having trouble finding the correct, textured matte black paint to do the hood stripes. Thanks

J_Speegle:
Calling TCP Global didn't help?

ExportMach:

--- Quote from: DaveF on May 03, 2024, 11:55:15 PM ---I am getting ready to have my hood repainted. I have the stencil for it, but I am having trouble finding the correct, textured matte black paint to do the hood stripes. Thanks

--- End quote ---

I puchased 1 quart of textured low gloss black from TCP Global in 2021, cost $97 but the end result is fantastic. Instructions say to apply two wet coats. I used the stencil too.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: ExportMach on May 11, 2024, 06:29:33 PM ---I puchased 1 quart of textured low gloss black from TCP Global in 2021, cost $97 but the end result is fantastic. Instructions say to apply two wet coats. I used the stencil too.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the review of the product and process. It hopefully helps many

fla2005:
I have used PPG Duracryl DDL 9381 textured black on 1970 Mach1 and Boss 302 applications.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version