Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Body, Paint & Sealers / Re: Stuck drivers door
« Last post by krelboyne on Today at 03:21:24 PM »
Sounds like the latch mechanism is gummed up.
1967 Mustang / Re: What is Protex Treatment on an Export car?
« Last post by 67kcode on Today at 01:34:19 PM »
My ?67 fastback was exported to Belgium from new, on the Marti report it says it had Tectyl treatment. Is that the same as Protex or a different thing? and what exactly was Tectyl treatment?
Thanks.
Body, Paint & Sealers / Stuck drivers door
« Last post by truetriplex on Today at 12:15:06 PM »
This is on a 69 GT500. I don't know how it happened, but when I closed the drivers door on my car, it is now stuck and will not come open using the outside push button, or the inside door release.  I cannot get the lock button to move either.  The key will not turn in the lock and I have tried removing the lock button while pulling on the handles. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get the door open. And what could cause this condition, so I can fix the issue? FYI, I have this also posted on the SAAC forum, but maybe someone here has a solution.
Thank you Charles.  All good advice.  I do have the originals.

Corey
Suspension / Re: Original brake calipers - 1968 to 1970
« Last post by Anghelrestorations on Today at 03:23:50 AM »
Thats what I have heard is that some of the early 68 cars may have had that finish on them or cad plating or some kind of silver finish on these calipers.  Dont think I ever seen that on a 69 or 70. 
Found it jeff
« Last post by Bob Gaines on Today at 12:54:41 AM »

I've only seen the one on the left. The one on the right is new to me.
Same for me.
First place to start is getting the sewn seam lined up on the panel straight, work the sides and then the top/bottom last.  Usually was not any glue applied originally to the face of the panel, all on the back side.

For the ash tray opening, cut an X pattern and fold the 4 ears under. 

Observe the original cover if you still have it to see how the corners and curves were trimmed to even out wrinkles.

A heat gun would also be good to use for stretching.
« Last post by CharlesTurner on Today at 12:21:13 AM »
The low mileage (20k) '68 GT350 I've been working on had zinc plated front calipers, date coded correct for the car.  Assumed they were original.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10