Author Topic: shoulder belt plastic cover  (Read 1786 times)

Offline kcodecoupe

shoulder belt plastic cover
« on: May 19, 2015, 09:29:45 PM »
why do some 69-70 sportsroof shoulder belt  plastic anchor covers  have a coat hook on them and some dont , i have seen both types on e bay, how many coat hooks should there be on a  70 sports roof thanks.

Offline rayms69

Re: shoulder belt plastic cover
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 12:09:45 AM »
dearborn 10-26-69, mine had all the original interior in tact, 4 coat hooks, hooks on seat belts are for the seat belt elastic strap
10-26-1969 Dearborn 428 SCJ auto

Offline Brian Conway

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 10:01:43 PM »
Interesting.   This is what is on my early 69 Metuchen Mach 1.  Brian
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline wjgrnp

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 01:40:01 AM »
kcodecoupe
My 70 Mach 1 has a shoulder belt setup the same as rayms69.
My car has its original interior and the tags on the belts date them at 7/69.
As suggested the forward hook is there for the loop of elastic on the shoulder belt after sliding the metal end into the "u" hook on the plastic cover.
You double the belt back and secure it out of the way with the elastic loop.
The rear hook is the coat hook the "u" hook and forward coat hook are to stow the shoulder strap when not in use.
Hope this helps.
Ward
70 Mach 1 428 CJ with AC and C6
3.25 with Truetrac limited slip
Metuchen
December 30 1969
Yellow

Offline kcodecoupe

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 07:45:43 AM »
kcodecoupe
My 70 Mach 1 has a shoulder belt setup the same as rayms69.
My car has its original interior and the tags on the belts date them at 7/69.
As suggested the forward hook is there for the loop of elastic on the shoulder belt after sliding the metal end into the "u" hook on the plastic cover.
You double the belt back and secure it out of the way with the elastic loop.
The rear hook is the coat hook the "u" hook and forward coat hook are to stow the shoulder strap when not in use.
Hope this helps.
Ward
  The coat hook i have seen is located on the same plastic cover that the ,U, hook is on that is used to stow the shoulder belt when not in use, so if it was installed on a 69 or  70 sports roof there would be 3 coat hooks per side, i have not seen these installed on a car only listed on e bay for sale as 69-70 mustang  shoulder belts , could they be belts for another car line such as a torino,
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 08:21:01 AM by kcodecoupe »

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 06:39:21 PM »
why do some 69-70 sportsroof shoulder belt  plastic anchor covers  have a coat hook on them and some dont , i have seen both types on e bay, how many coat hooks should there be on a  70 sports roof thanks.

Maybe if you didn't lump two production years together in the search and three different plants a pattern might appear ;)

Sure plenty of those ebay sellers didn't pay attention to where their parts came from and are just leaving the correctness up to the buyer as well as trying to increase the number of possible buyers by lumping them all together
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)