Author Topic: Vent Window Frame Removal  (Read 837 times)

Offline Kingchief

Vent Window Frame Removal
« on: November 10, 2018, 11:57:37 AM »
Hi!  I am replacing my vent window frames with OEM and correct date Carlite glass.  When restoration done, restorer [well known] used repop "stuff" made overseas!  My fault for not being more hands on but I am too trusting!  That said, I have finally sourced and had rechromed and polished the complete OEM frame assembly and vent windows.

My question is: can the frame be removed WITHOUT removing the roll up windows? Videos show taking the main window off the regulator and lowering it down...UGHHHH!!! 

Thanks,

Steve
SFM 6S406

Offline jwc66k

Re: Vent Window Frame Removal
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 04:55:40 PM »
Steve,
You need to remove the roll up window. Call it part of the learning process.
And get into the habit of putting down the year, model, plant and options when you ask a question so I don't have to look at your previous posts and assume you meant a Shelby.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 05:10:53 PM »
No matter what year 65 to 68, Shelby or not...
the chances of doing damage to any of the paint finishes, chrome finish and the beltline moldings (fuzzies), is really high. Since you are asking this question and the way you asked, seems to suggest you are already frustrated with the processes shared by others.

I get the feeling  you may be even more upset if you damaged any of the aforementioned. (I know I would!)

There are times it is wiser to pay for such "risky work".
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline Kingchief

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 08:43:03 AM »
Thanks for the info.  Yes, my car is 6S406 so a San Jose car.  So removing the roll up window is required so that shall be done!  If I ding it up then so be it.  No way to get it done where I live as there is no one competent in the area that I trust.  You have answered me question so thanks to all.

All the best,

Steve
SFM 6S406