Author Topic: 67 Ramplocs -- 67 running change  (Read 1290 times)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: 67 Ramplocs -- 67 running change
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2020, 02:49:32 PM »
I think the Concours judges remarks about dates in Concours, trailered and driven, should be repeated more often.
If the part physically looks identical to the original assembly line part the judges can not take the date or part number into account during the judging process.

I think your car looks great and find no fault with your efforts.

Thanks Bill, but we are going a bit off topic in this discussion. We might wish to discuss this more in my "Members Build Thread" (with perhaps a link to this thread over there).

In this situation, the lack of a washer could be a red flag to a judge who knows this detail and subsequently notices it.
By itself, perhaps a non-issue but once he or she notices other details associated with a later-in-the-year build (eg: vin stamp pad behind intake, lower idler pulley on the AC belt, tin timing pointer and such), it very well could result in "more than just a note in the comments section" of a judging sheet. As a judge in MCA, we judges MIGHT take a point or more in the given category when a multitude of "departures" may occur.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments