Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Parts for Sale / Re: 69/70 fold down seat assembly
« Last post by Big Al on Today at 08:10:00 PM »
yes - side fiberglass side panels (OEM)
no will not sell by themselves
Parts for Sale / Re: 69/70 fold down seat assembly
« Last post by Bob Gaines on Today at 06:32:47 PM »
1969 / 70 fold down assembly for seat  I believe it to be 99% complete   will need to be restored but no major problems.  $2000.00  located N of Dallas
can deliver to MCA Ozark event and Des Moines
PM for photos
Al
Does that assembly include interior panels or the folding parts and flat panel only? 
Body, Paint & Sealers / Re: Stuck drivers door
« Last post by K-HESS on Today at 05:36:08 PM »
I had this happen years ago. Hard to get the deluxe door panel off on a 1969 with the door closed due to the dash blocking access to the front of the panel. I unscrewed the lock knob a lot so I had more travel on the knob and then I moved the knob up and down repeatedly until the door actually unlocked. I found the problem was a little spring on the lock mechanism had broken causing it to jam up.
Parts for Sale / 69/70 fold down seat assembly
« Last post by Big Al on Today at 04:59:03 PM »
1969 / 70 fold down assembly for seat  I believe it to be 99% complete   will need to be restored but no major problems.  $2000.00  located N of Dallas
can deliver to MCA Ozark event and Des Moines
PM for photos
Al
Interior & Trunk / Re: Applying quarter trim upholstery on convertible
« Last post by jwc66k on Today at 03:49:23 PM »
I am about to recover the quarter trim panels for my 1964.5 convertible.  Has anyone done this and have tips.  Conceptually seems easy but am afraid the reality will be tricky.
I added "deluxe interior" trim to the quarter my 66 daily driver Hardtop which I assume is similar. The first thing that went on was a 1/2 inch of foam, then the "hide of the South American Nauga". I should have started at the front an worked back to the seat. That's about the best I can say. I "covered" my mistakes (about 1/8 inch too short) by pulling the Naugahyde very taught and the use of excessive amounts of weatherstrip adhesive.
Jim
1967 Mustang / Re: What is Protex Treatment on an Export car?
« Last post by jwc66k on Today at 03:39:24 PM »
I've never heard of "that", so I looked it up on duckduckgo dot com - nothing that related to undercoating (my initial thoughts) but the car is 57 years old and products "disappear" over time.
Jim
« Last post by jwc66k on Today at 03:36:03 PM »
Remove the driver's seat; remove the door panel; look. That's what I've done. It's a pain in the posterior but there is no other way.
Jim
« Last post by krelboyne on Today at 03:21:24 PM »
Sounds like the latch mechanism is gummed up.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10