Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1969 Mustang / Re: 69 Fmx linkage finish
« Last post by Bob Gaines on Today at 02:01:38 PM »
The kick down lever that connects from the carb linkageto the transmission is zinc dichromate from the factory. The lever from the shifter control to the  transmission is typically PO.
1967 Mustang / Location of Parking Brake Idler bracket
« Last post by motor head 428 on Today at 01:24:35 PM »
I need a measurement's to attach Parking brake Idler Bracket to floor pan 1967 Mustang. Thank You
Still available. Make an offer. I can meet somewhere in the southeast within 200 miles from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
1969 Mustang / 69 Fmx linkage finish
« Last post by Aussiemach on Today at 11:27:28 AM »
Could someone help me with the correct finish for the 2 external linkages and the selector rod that goes to the shifter on the ?69 Fmx transmission in a 351w San Jose Mach 1 ?

1967 Mustang / 67 Fastback doors
« Last post by orgnl70 on Today at 10:54:41 AM »
67 Fastback with factory Convenience group. At some point the doors were replaced with non convenience group doors.  No cutout for courtesy light and no pass thru on A pillar for wiring to the door.. The cutout is no problem. What is the location of the pass thru? Was there any shielding or protective cover from the pillar to the door? Any photos would be of great help.
Thanks
Interior & Trunk / Re: Adhesive for headliner
« Last post by RoyceP on Today at 09:25:32 AM »
3M makes several that would be appropriate for headliners. I use 3M 1357 and Fastbond 10 - typically a quart can will do a car.
1969 - 70 Shelby / Re: Wheel restoration
« Last post by Bob Gaines on May 22, 2024, 02:26:20 PM »
A short answer then. Mask off and blast the course portion with glass beads then go over the course with a acid bath like eagle one wire wheel or chrome wheel cleaner polish the spokes like you would of aluminum and be careful not to polish to mirror finish. That is one way that produces good results. There are others.
1969 - 70 Shelby / Re: Wheel restoration
« Last post by 69GYellow4 on May 22, 2024, 12:34:06 PM »
Was certainly hoping for more replies to this post as I am in the same position!
General Discussion / MOVED: RPM
« Last post by J_Speegle on May 21, 2024, 05:15:07 PM »
Interior & Trunk / Re: Adhesive for headliner
« Last post by J_Speegle on May 21, 2024, 05:14:37 PM »
Believe there is a "super" version of the 3M spray adhesive available or was in small and large rattle cans and liquid so you could brush on or put in your own spray gun. Remember that this is a contact adhesive so both surfaces need to be sprayed then a short wait, then pressing those two surfaces together Used it since the early 60's and people before me used the same and we've been happy with the product Never hear  of using the neoprene weather strip adhesive and would not suggest plus they often (if not used on weatherstrip) can take a long time to dry if ever
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10