1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1971 Boss

71 Boss Tach

(1/2) > >>

jatkinson:
 We are putting the original distributor back in the car. The previous owner had changed it over to MSD. The tach worked with the MSD unit in it. However he did not use the MSD tach adapter.  The tach will not work with the stock distributor. Any ideas?
Thanks

J_Speegle:
Never ran a MSD system but wonder if someone modified the tach internally. Like most Ford tachs they (if I recall correctly) were designed to work inline with the ignition power.

Hopefully someone else will know if there is a modification done to tachs to work with that aftermarket system or maybe check on one of the sites that does allot more with modifying these cars

jwc66k:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on December 06, 2022, 04:43:26 PM ---Like most Ford tachs they (if I recall correctly) were designed to work inline with the ignition power.

--- End quote ---
The 1971 Mustang Electrical Assembly Manual (AM0043) page 96 shows the tach wired "Like most Ford tachs -" - inline.
I sent my 66 8K RPM Rally Pac to Phil Severance for repair. Send me a PM and I'll give you his e-mail address and phone number.
Jim

midlife:

--- Quote from: jwc66k on December 06, 2022, 05:31:42 PM ---The 1971 Mustang Electrical Assembly Manual (AM0043) page 96 shows the tach wired "Like most Ford tachs -" - inline.
I sent my 66 8K RPM Rally Pac to Phil Severance for repair. Send me a PM and I'll give you his e-mail address and phone number.
Jim

--- End quote ---
I'll second the endorsement of Phil Severance.

67gtasanjose:

--- Quote from: midlife on December 06, 2022, 10:05:57 PM ---I'll second the endorsement of Phil Severance.

--- End quote ---
+1
Phil has the components, experience and equipment to do it right the first time. Accurate results where previously my 67's tach was always off in calibration.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version