Author Topic: Autolite Spark plug decal placement - June 66 T code  (Read 4835 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Autolite Spark plug decal placement
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2016, 08:46:13 PM »
My best guess, and only a guess is that the square Autolite decal goes on the side of the aircleaner, much like the 66 8 cylinder one? Since it has no radius like the one used on the Chrome 66 6 cylinder air filter, it almost make sense?

Not in my opinion especially since we have no evidence nor adhesive residue that we would normally find even on a V8 example

Here is a pic of Bob Perkins 56 mile 66 coupe, I know, 8 cylinder, but it that square Autolite decal would seem to fit there real nice?.....................

NPD part number D-17 is the one they list for 65-67 Chrome Air Cleaner, they don't specify 6 or 8. It has a radius, so I would think it going on the back radius of the air cleaner might make sense, if you have a Chrome one, but in my case, I don't believe that would be right. ..................

On one of the 66 T code low mileage cars he had (it was a Sprint) it had no Autolite decal on the air cleaner either that was shown in the pictures or that I saw on the car. But different plant and possibly time period - 6F07T3622xx. Only the CU decal

That's my theory, without too much evidence to back it up beyond circumstantial evidence.

Don't think you even have circumstantial evidence to base your application of the decal. Think that would would be if we found that decal on 66 6 cylinder Mustangs built at other plants in months other than your production period. But then again I'm not an attorney   ::)

Believe you are over reaching - just an opinion based on the exchange

And, where/who is NPD getting their info from about decals and placement, that would be an interesting discussion.

They often (at least I think they do) call some of us on this forum. I know I have one question I am yet to get back to them from late last week.

Many of the resellers are focused on just selling (not all) Know a number that in the past produced items that were never factory. When asked why they sold and listed the parts their answer was "people buy them"  Sometime they just list what the maker of the part tells them or what other resellers are listing the item for.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 08:55:09 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)