Author Topic: Milage verifacation  (Read 947 times)

Offline preaction

Milage verifacation
« on: June 29, 2015, 08:22:29 PM »
Is there a generally accepted or a proven way to document a low mileage car, how would this work ?
8F02R218047-  July 18 1968   Dearborn

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Milage verifacation
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 02:42:48 AM »
No general accept method. IMHO in most peoples mind once restored the original mileage (or even after a repaint for example) doesn't carry allot of value or importance

I've seen people use insurance paperwork over the years if the company collected that info every year. Or if your state that collected printed it on the registration or when it changed hands. The problem is that if you have a break between maybe 4-5 years or more these records can mean little as an owner can use the car and put on an extra 100K miles between the recorded records.

I've had a Calif Special that had about 50-70% original paint and looked like your normal Calif car. Often you can't tell a car with 40K or 120K miles so in inspecting the car I figured it was mid 100k - Can't recall the exact mileage. After I purchased the car and went through the whole big file the owner gave me (never bought a car where the owner kept records out here - just another old car) sales and service receipts suggested over 300K on the car. 

Just an example  - your normal may vary :)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Toploader

Re: Milage verifacation
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 03:59:45 PM »
An unbroken trail of service receipts documenting dates and milages.
76A-Y-D2-13H-72-6-6
1965 Californian Built Silver Blue Convertible