1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1966 Shelby

Wiper arm shield installation - San Jose Car

(1/2) > >>

Kingchief:
I have been cleaning things up under my dash [installing an original speaker, new leather gasket of wiper arms] and noticed that there was no wiper arm shield installed during the 2011 restoration. Figured I would try to put one of the repops in. So, there are 2 holes. One is for the screw as shown in another post on this site but where does the other hole attach to??? I cannot seem to find any pictures or illustrations of where it goes! Any help would be appreciated. If it is too hard without pulling the wires please just say so. I have cleaned up all the wiper assembly [motor and arms] as this was not done originally in 2011.

Thanks for the help. If this needs to be moved to another area of the forum please let me know. I LOVE pictures!

Steve

jwc66k:
There is only one screw used, 42127-S2.
Jim

CharlesTurner:
The other end fits over one of the studs coming down around the air vent opening.

Kingchief:
Anyone have any photos or illustrations of how it goes??? Been trying all morning and I just can't picture it! I am using the Virginia Classic repop.

Thanks again,

Steve

J_Speegle:
Really difficult area to get a picture of but a friend did take the effort when he had an opportunity to get a picture that should help with the general orientation and location that should help. Picture taken through the drivers side dash opening with the gauges removed on a 65 San Jose example but will be the same as 66. Looks almost brand new after all these decades

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version