Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Parts for Sale / Early 65 no rib, bulbous bendix housing starter
« Last post by Bossbill on Today at 06:40:50 PM »
As per the title, this is the early starter that is easily distinguished in and out of the car as original. There are few reinforcement ribs on the C3 nose and the bendix cover is the unusual bulbous style that is very round on the one end.

It appears original in all respects.

150 plus the ride.
1966 Mustang / Re: C4ZE Y1 4 Speed Radiator Questions
« Last post by JeffWS on Today at 05:41:53 PM »
I was referring to the inlet, where the radiator cap is attached. The 65 66 seem to be off to the side. Did the 65 66 radiators have the inlet centered? I don't have the gallery password.
1968 Mustang / Re: steering column shims for non-tilt
« Last post by jwc66k on Today at 04:25:48 PM »
First, welcome to the forum.
The shim you seek does not seem to be in the "1968 Mustang Chassis Assembly Manual". The service manual, "Ford Car Parts" (aka MPC) is available thru a link to a T-Bird website (we could have our own copies, but - ) where you might find more information in the illustration section.
Jim
1968 Mustang / Re: 381863-S2 clip nut
« Last post by jwc66k on Today at 04:20:45 PM »
First: Congratulations on using a Ford hardware part number in your post. It seem that many Forum member are afraid to do that.
Now for the good news. The clip nut you need is the one on the right in your picture. It is available from AMK as Ford hardware part number 381863-S32 (note finish, -S32, black or olive drab enamel), AMK stock number B-12248 (6ea for $4).
This is documented in this Forums' library under "Mustang Hardware Spreadsheet 67-68".
Jim
1968 Mustang / 381863-S2 clip nut
« Last post by dkknab on Today at 03:09:14 PM »
Trying to determine the proper nut for the 3 supports in front of the radiator that hold up the grill and are used to attach the bottom of the grill.  The nut in my picture on the left was on the RH and LH outer supports.  The nut on the right was in the center support.  I'm guessing the right one is incorrect.

PS it appears to be the same as 45144-S2 and is used on the trim molding piece above the bumper.  I found that one on AMK site.
Wanted Ads / Re: Top Loader Transmission Cover
« Last post by fla2005 on Today at 02:13:25 PM »
I have a good used cover which I removed from a RUG - AW trans and replaced with a new cover. No part number but only LM on the top surface.
I have used PPG Duracryl DDL 9381 textured black on 1970 Mach1 and Boss 302 applications.
1968 Mustang / steering column shims for non-tilt
« Last post by Mark F on Today at 01:37:24 PM »
Hi,

Wondering if anyone has tried using shims on a non-tilt steering column to lift the steering wheel. It is mentioned in the "Introduction to the 1968 Ford Product Line" shop manual on page 27 - Mustang Steering Wheel Height Adjustment. Would like to know what amount of height increase you might get, before I go ahead and source the shims and install them. Looks like they are the same shims used for caster/camber adjustment on early mustangs, and possibly for fender shims as well. Thanks for any insights.

Mark
68 SJ coupe

« Last post by J_Speegle on Today at 01:36:08 PM »
Thank you for the information.

Did the 65 66 radiators all have the radiator opening off to the side or were some in the center?

Guess your asking about a V8 radiator based on your first post. To see examples of where the radiator intake and discharge locations I suggest that you just look at the dozen or so examples in the unrestored picture section of the site.  ;)
« Last post by JeffWS on Today at 09:14:56 AM »
Thank you for the information.

Did the 65 66 radiators all have the radiator opening off to the side or were some in the center?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10