Author Topic: 1965 Wiper Switch to Wiper Motor Harness  (Read 911 times)

Offline suskeenwiske

• 214-347-3628
1965 Wiper Switch to Wiper Motor Harness
« on: May 16, 2020, 10:13:49 PM »
I need some help please. I have a January- February built 65 Coupe with a Single Speed Wiper Motor and Washer. The Harness from the Wiper/Washer Switch to the Wiper Motor is missing. I found Harnesses for for Single Speed Motors w/o a Washer and 2-Speed Motors with Washer but not the Single Speed Motor with Washer. Does anyone know what the Ford Part Number is or where I can find a Reproduction Harness? I've searched for the Part Number on-line and through my manuals without any luck.

Thanks...Ray.
Ray
1965 Dearborn Coupe
6 Cylinder, AT, PB, PS, AC
Est. Build 23A

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
Re: 1965 Wiper Switch to Wiper Motor Harness
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 11:05:27 PM »
In 1965 and 1966, the single speed wiper harness is separate from the washer wires, although both (actually all 3) plug into the same switch.
The washer has a power line (usually tied into the ACC post on the ignition switch) and an output line going to the washer.  Some years there are 2 lines going to the washer: signal and ground. 

I have multiple copies of the washer lines; PM me if you want them.  Postage will run a bit more than the wires themselves.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline suskeenwiske

• 214-347-3628
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 03:32:34 PM »
I found a Diagram that matches what you have described but has no Part Number associated with it. Since I need to keep my Coupe in Concourse condition, I can't use anything other than an original Extension Harness or a Concourse Reproduction.

A friend lent me a Harness to try but quickly discovered that it's for a Single Speed Wiper Motor only; no provision for the Washer Motor, (pictured below). The Extension from the Firewall to the Washer Pump I have. The Harness shown is what I need but one that will plug into the Wiper/Washer Switch I have, it has 6 or 7 connections, that also has the additional Washer Wire as part of the Harness.

Thank...Ray
Ray
1965 Dearborn Coupe
Est. Build 23A

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 04:19:55 PM »
Ray,
All your answers are in the 65 Mustang Electrical Assembly Manual (AM0008) page 71, including the difference in feeds between 1964 and 1965.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline suskeenwiske

• 214-347-3628
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 08:46:24 PM »
It's a bit clearer to me, thanks for the heads up on Page 71 and now I understand what was meant by separate Washer Wiring. I'm still somewhat in the dark.

My Under Dash Wiring Harness has an Orange/White Pigtail to which I can attach the Harness shown in my first post; Circled Orange and White on the Schematic. Note 'A' indicates that Wires 10 and 11, circled in Black and White, are the Washer Pump Feed colors and that the Part Number for Wire 10 is C4ZB-17A622-C; per the attached Photo that seems incorrect. That short White Wire appears to be what plugs in between the back of the Switch and the 14Amp Fuse Box Pigtail.

The Washer Feed Wire, 11, is simply noted as Part 17A622. To me it appears that an additional Feed Wire would be needed that attaches to the back of the Switch, feeds through the Firewall and terminates with a Male Connector to plug the Washer Feed Wires Female Connector into; the approximate area where this would be, I've indicated with a Red Dot. Am I correct concerning the additional Feed Wire? So far, this is the way I interpret the Schematic, the Photo's and other things I found on-line. Please correct me if that's incorrect and if possible explain and/or post any photos that you may have as well as any applicable Part Numbers for the various Harnesses.

Thank again...Ray.

Ray
1965 Dearborn Coupe
Est. Build 23A

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 08:55:29 PM »
I have many of these original wires (used, of course) in my spares collection.  The washer lines are indeed confusing, as they change from year to year.  I believe all 2 speed wipers had integral washer pump lines built into them. 

PM me with your e-mail address if you want me to select some representative wires to photograph and see if my stuff fit your needs.  Although used, many are in excellent condition. 
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline 66RavenGTCoupeAgain

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2020, 10:45:34 PM »
Hi Guys,
Hope I'm not hi-jacking this thread but I used it to see where this white wire goes also. I have everything plugged in but my wipers will not turn off once I activate them. Only way they will stop is if i turn the key from "On" to "Off". Any thoughts?
66 Metuchen NJ  GT Coupe
Raven with Deluxe Black Int 289 A Code C4 PS Tinted Windows (Green) Dealer installed Rear Speaker
6T07A1612## Dec 65 Build
65 San Jose CA Convertible Rangoon Red with White Int and Power Top with plastic rear window 289 C Code C4 PS PB AC Fog Lights
5R08C1496## Oct 64 Build