Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Parts

Antenna Rattle

<< < (2/15) > >>

IndyFive-O:
Took a look at the antenna today and saw that it is rattling at the top of each section, where the above section enters.
I put a drop of clear glue where the rattle is and it stopped making noise. I am not sure how long it will last, and really don't care as I realize it's only temporary. I don't extend the antenna anyway and if I have to put a drop of glue on the antenna a few times a year, I will,  it's worth it not to hear that cheap sound rattle every time I close a door or the hood.

5F08KGT:
Why is it so hard for the folks that make the repros make them so they don't rattle????? (stupid!)

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: IndyFive-O on April 24, 2015, 10:20:31 PM ---Has anyone come up with a way to stop the repop antenna's from rattling?

This thing is driving me crazy.

--- End quote ---
Only sure fire way is to switch it out with a genuine one. Besides the obvious remark I have noticed some of the newer repros don't rattle as much as previous versions .But they still are more loose then genuine. I don't know the variety that I am seeing on various cars but if I were to guess I would guess it was a Drake one over the cheaper alternatives.

5F08KGT:
I asked the Scott Drake folks on FaceBook if THEY had successfully made a rattle-free antenna, they replied that theirs was 99% rattle free......

I'm tempted to try one because I can't spend $500 for a NOS......

CharlesTurner:
NOS antennas usually sell for $75-150 last time I looked, never seen one for more than $250.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version