Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Parts

NOS Idler Pulley but what does it fit?

(1/1)

wunderwerks:
Bought a box of these NOS pulleys at a Ford Garage Auction as the shape was close to what I thought I could use.  I cannot find either in Bob Mannel's book or on eBay any identification of this pulley.  Diameter is 3.75" and the belt width is .50".  No part #'s anywhere.  I've attached some pics if anyone recognizes these, I'd appreciate it.

67gtasanjose:
It looks like an aftermarket AC belt tensioner pulley. Anyones guess on what brand system it would fit...Does NOT look like anything OE Ford to me but I have seen them with the add-on systems.

wunderwerks:
I cleaned the dust off of the end of the bearing shaft and it has a C4AA-2A898-A stamped into the end of the bearing shaft.  This number matches perfectly with the shaft # for both the 65/66 AC adjustable idler and the non-adjustable idler that I have on the shelf.  I believe it has to be Ford but what application?

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: wunderwerks on April 27, 2015, 06:02:41 PM ---I cleaned the dust off of the end of the bearing shaft and it has a C4AA-2A898-A stamped into the end of the bearing shaft.  This number matches perfectly with the shaft # for both the 65/66 AC adjustable idler and the non-adjustable idler that I have on the shelf.  I believe it has to be Ford but what application?

--- End quote ---
It appears to be for a FE application in a fullsize car. You can use it on a (C7 bracket looks similar) 67 early 68 Mustang application but you have to cut the casting down about 1/2 inch and press the bearing back in for proper pulley alignment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version