Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Suspension

Front Spring Saddles - Original? Rebuilding? & Related

(1/9) > >>

67gta289:
In looking at spring saddles, I have found three variations for 67-68.

The first picture shows the three side by side.
The second picture shows one with a squared off FoMoCo stamp, and the other in the oval.
The third picture is the third variant with an "M S" stamp.

My Dec 66 SJ has the squared off FoMoCo stamps.

Any observations out there?

Bob Gaines:
You should also be comparing the tab that the end of the coil comes to rest at and also the bolts and thread type.

gtamustang:
Adding a little more information to Bob's point is that the tabs for the coil stop could be square or rounded and the mounting bolts were course and fine threaded.

I believe the different markings are the result of the third party supplier. I have seen the rectangular FoMoCo logo on 67-68 original mounts from San Jose and Metuchen cars.

Regards,
Pete Morgan

Anghelrestorations:
From what I have seen the square FoMoCo stamped spring saddles would genrally be pre 1970.  The ones with the round oval stamp are later and service replacements as well.  Hard to give an exact date when this change happened.   
And I have seen early ones 65/66 with no Ford stamping at all.

The M-S is a vendor stamping.  I have a few different vendor stampings I have seen on these spring saddles.

67gta289:
I picked up some round FoMoCo saddles that also have a manufacturers stamp from what was reported to be an original 50K mile San Jose 68 coupe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version