Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Parts

67-70 Pop open fuel cap converson

(1/2) > >>

gimpystoy:
Would this be correct for 67 ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Nos-Oem-1967-1970-Ford-Mustang-Pop-Open-Fuel-Cap-Conversion-Kit-F3ZZ-9030-F-/171759965527?hash=item27fdb11557&vxp=mtr

67gta289:
Although it is a Ford part, it is not factory correct.  I think this was the result of trying to put a small Band-Aid on the concerns about rear mounted gas tanks.

I've also seen Ford service pop open gas cap shell with the twist off cap hidden below, listed as NOS.  I think that description is a bit of a stretch myself.

gimpystoy:
Kinda what I thought.
Thanks

WT8095:

--- Quote from: 67gta289 on May 05, 2015, 06:32:58 PM ---I've also seen Ford service pop open gas cap shell with the twist off cap hidden below, listed as NOS.  I think that description is a bit of a stretch myself.

--- End quote ---

Technically it is NOS -unused, 20+ years old. And it's an extreme example of the mantra that's repeated here so often, that an official Ford service part does not necessarily equal what was used on the production line!

[maybe NOS stands for Not Original Stuff?  ;)]

gimpystoy:
The difference between those who know a little vs the REAL info. available" here"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version