Showing & Judging > Events

Sunday at National shows?

(1/3) > >>

Epperstang:
I've noticed a large number of people leave early on Sunday.
Isn't it a requirement to stay the full day?
People are loading their trailers as early as 10 am on Sunday before the awards.
There were trucks and trailers in the middle of the show field on Sunday at Indy.
The parking lot looks like a ghost town on Sunday with just a small scattering of cars remaining.
Many don't even attend the awards and then expect to have their trophies mailed to them.
I am still getting calls from people who recently found out they had an award at last years Grand National but left early and still expect to get it. It costs a fortune to ship trophies. I shipped two to folks that said they'd reimburse us the cost, but have yet to receive any compensation.
At the Grand National last year there were even some who should have received special awards who didn't bother to stay.

If the rule says they have to attend both days, they should forfeit their award if they aren't there to receive it.
If MCA isn't holding to the rules, then change the awards to Sunday morning or Saturday evening and be done with it.

Something else - it is RUDE for those receiving their trophies to up and leave during the awards. Those receiving their awards in the later classes are left with a near empty audience. Maybe the sponsoring clubs can mix up the classes for awards sometimes. In every show I've attended our car is called first. I wouldn't mind waiting sometimes so that others aren't always called at the end.

J.

FunStang65:
     I fully agree with this sentiment. I have only been showing my K-Convertible for a little over a year now and already I am tired of the rudeness shown by people at the shows. Plan your day better and enjoy the whole experience. If you have to show and go, don't bring your car but come and enjoy the cars that are there and leave when you need to. If you are just out there to trophy hunt and expect everyone else to bend to your schedule and priorities, find something else to do and get a life.
     I got into showing my car because I liked the people I met and had fun learning about these cars from some great folks out there. The show is about the people and the cars. The awards are just a nice way of saying thanks and that your car was appreciated. Most people don't get a trophy at all if ever and they still bring their cars because of the people and the joy of being part of something great.
     I agree that there should be some type of penalty for being disruptive and rude. Maybe they should be barred from entering the next show and by all means, Don't Mail Their Trophy! They can come get it themselves if they want it. Give the next car down the list the trophy or if they were at the bottom of the awards list, just don't award it.
     Just my two cents worth.

Laurie S.:
The rules state that if you leave early, you forfeit any award.  That rule needs to be enforced.  No car is to leave before the awards ceremony, unless it has permission of the head judges.

J_Speegle:
Agreed that we need follow our own rules no matter how many whine. If we don't follow them how can we expect others to. Maybe we can award the trophy's but retain them up on the table till the end of the award so we don't have to award others over the sound of numerous tow rigs firing up in the back ground

66kgt:
It's not just Sunday! I thought the number of cars that left early on Saturday at Raleigh was totally uncalled for. Either enforce the rules or throw them away...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version