Author Topic: '71 429 cobra jet parts  (Read 1662 times)

mac1971

'71 429 cobra jet parts
« on: September 04, 2015, 10:50:36 PM »
Starting the restoration on my recently acquired J-Code convertible and I require the following parts off the top of my head:

Original Quadrajet carburetor, correct kick down rod for the C-6 to this carb, original dual point distributor, correct 55 amp alternator (including the specific pulley for the 429cj engine), heat shield... Please let me know if you have or would appreciate a heads up of who I would follow up with to get these parts. Other then these pieces that were probably changed out as they wore down, luckily; the rest of the drivetrain is original  :)

Thanks in advance. Cheers

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: '71 429 cobra jet parts
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 10:42:31 PM »
C-6 Kick down rod is/was being reproduced. Purchased one during my building of
http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=11632.0

Quadrajet with a  dual point?     Are you sure?  4 Speeds used dual point - autos used single
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 10:46:41 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: '71 429 cobra jet parts
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 01:45:32 AM »
Rochester Quadrajet carb for an auto car with A/C, I believe the # to be D1AF-AA? I have also seen D00F-E. I f someone knows the correct one, please confirm for me.

Might want to focus on the Rochestor/GM# rather than the Ford number since is very possible that the bolt on tag will not be on the one you find and you'll want to confirm that its the right carb (not just one that someone slapped a tag on) 

The 429CJ site lists the GM # as 77040286 = Auto Trans w/AC with a page just on the Quad written by Dan Davis
http://429mustangcougarinfo.50megs.com/new_page_6.htm

Now that you mention the kick down rod being reproduced, I recall seeing this on the 429 Mustang Forum site a few years back, will look into further. Thanks

Believe I purchased mine from the guy through a Ebay auction/buy it now thing
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)