Author Topic: 67 Shelby oil pressure line  (Read 1748 times)

Offline Brian in PA

67 Shelby oil pressure line
« on: January 10, 2016, 01:30:44 AM »
Hi guys. I did some searching but came up empty. I picked up the gauge pod for under the dash with the Stewart Warner mechanical oil pressure gauge. My questions are, do just remove the original oil sensor from the the long hex tube coming off of the engine or remove the whole assembly and tap into the block there. And also where can I buy the correct tubing for it. Would anyone have some pics of it and routing of the line. Thanks!

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 67 Shelby oil pressure line
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 02:03:40 AM »
Hi guys. I did some searching but came up empty. I picked up the gauge pod for under the dash with the Stewart Warner mechanical oil pressure gauge. My questions are, do just remove the original oil sensor from the the long hex tube coming off of the engine or remove the whole assembly and tap into the block there. And also where can I buy the correct tubing for it. Would anyone have some pics of it and routing of the line. Thanks!
Since you didn't mention what you are working on i will assume it is a GT 350. The fitting threads into the long hex tube. The SW fittings were steel not brass and were plated zinc. The nylon oil pressure tubing is pretty common for mechanical oil pressure gauges . I think i have one NOS SW Shelby installation kit left if you cant find anything. The line routes from the fitting over to the driverside headlight harness wire . It is held with a panduit zip tie there. It then  follows the harness back towards the firewall inside the factory wiring  loops. The tube cross over and under at the Master cylinder. After it passes under the master cylinder it is secured to the gauge feed harness where it comes out of the cowl with another zip tie before going into the SA added hole for the oil pressure line.I hope this helps.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Brian in PA

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 09:43:28 AM »
Thank you Bob it is much appreciated. What are you looking to get out of the kit?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 05:19:56 PM »
Thank you Bob it is much appreciated. What are you looking to get out of the kit?

Why don't you PM him?   Sure he's got a price in mind :)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)