Author Topic: San Jose Headlight -or- Headlamp Bulbs  (Read 2768 times)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: San Jose Headlight -or- Headlamp Bulbs
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 01:10:18 PM »
Mike again thanks for posting. I'd bet that during the time your Mustang was built that there were others that received those same headlamps. I'd rather see Mustangs with General Electric at the bottom, correct glass fluting and no FOMOCO script on the front than those with Wagner on the bottom, FOMOCO Script in the center or a (V)at the bottom for manufacture of the bulb, blue filament in the center with FOMOCO etching. It is my understanding that there were only three manufactures of headlamps for Ford from 1965 to 1973 and they were General Electric (GE), Tung-Sol (TS) and Westinghouse (W). I believe in rewarding the folks that go the extra mile to get things correct. I think forums like this are a great place to discuss these things.   
As far as 65-69 is concerned ,the correct glass fluting and OEM bulb but without the trademark may be something that needs to be discussed at the judges meeting to add . I would encourage my peers to vote for that leeway. The FOMOCO trademark is currently listed as  the criteria on which it is judged by to deduct or not. That is if you can not see the halogen blue bulb in which case I have deducted even if it had the trademark because non halogen is also in the criteria. I am in agreement about rather seeing the OEM and the correct glass fluting even if no trademark opposed to the non OEM , wrong glass fluting , ,but with the FOMOCO trademark. I draw the line at the halogen bulb.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline Richard P.

Re: San Jose Headlight -or- Headlamp Bulbs
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2016, 01:54:40 PM »
As far as 65-69 is concerned ,the correct glass fluting and OEM bulb but without the trademark may be something that needs to be discussed at the judges meeting to add . I would encourage my peers to vote for that leeway. The FOMOCO trademark is currently listed as  the criteria on which it is judged by to deduct or not. That is if you can not see the halogen blue bulb in which case I have deducted even if it had the trademark because non halogen is also in the criteria. I am in agreement about rather seeing the OEM and the correct glass fluting even if no trademark opposed to the non OEM , wrong glass fluting , ,but with the FOMOCO trademark. I draw the line at the halogen bulb.
+ 1